Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's interesting that a scientist believe that autism can be linked to mirror neurons?

It's interesting that a scientist believe that autism can be linked to mirror neurons


because usually an autistic person is extremely repetitive. Maybe thats simply do to


routine rather than mimicking?

It's interesting that a scientist believe that autism can be linked to mirror neurons?
I doubt many people here have ever heard of "mirror neurons." I only know because of a documentary I was watching refered to them. Even then I would likely not have remebered if it wasn't for the fact that my brother had 4 kids, 2 with autism.





I found it interesting to see that a typical persons brain lights up when watching a person make a movement, almost in the same was as if he was making that same movement. In other words, the same places in my brain would light up when watching someone wave as would light if I was waving myself.





It is almost like the person is imitating another's behaviour in their brain even if they aren't with their body.





And imitation is how we learn.





So if a child lacks this ability to "imitate another's behaviour in their brain" they have a distinct disadvantage in learning.





I'm not sure how repitition would be a substitute for mimicking but we aren't sure of much where autism is concerned. We are learning more every day, but autism is still a great mystery.
Reply:There seems to be a lot of evidence that connects autism and vaccinations.


No comments:

Post a Comment