Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Windows Media Player 11 (vista) won't play linked videos?

I just upgraded to windows vista. I used to have the WMP 11 for the XP but I never had any problems. Everytime I click on a linked video it used to open automatically on my windows media player. It doesn't play the videos anymore! I just get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage," message. Like for some reason it won't even stream the video.





I tried going into tools..properties..checked both player and network tabs. And nothing helps.





I.E. I try to open www.webpage.com/video.mpg I would just click on it, and it would automatically play on my WMP. It doesn't anymore, displays a Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error.





Can someone help me? It's getting frustrating not being able to watch the videos again. =\





Thanks in advance!

Windows Media Player 11 (vista) won't play linked videos?
It sounds like your CODEC may have been wiped out, or not installed. I download two codecs for windows video playing. 1 is Divx Codec (Divx.com) the other is any Mpeg-4 codec you can easily find online. Do a google search for freeware Mpeg-4 codec and you will find some. Another alternative is to go to the microsoft website, choose media player, and they have codecs for download there.


Lastly, Windows Vista has this stupid feature called UAC- User Access Control. It prevents programs from installing correctly. You can disable it in the Users Applet of the control panel. It will solve 90% of install problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment